Each year we give over 2,000 dresses to military brides
Sign Up to Host an Event
To register your salon, please enter your business information and let
us know which event(s) and day(s) you would like to host.
Operation Wedding Gown
- Hosting salons provide free wedding gowns to qualified military brides.
- If you need additional gowns we can provide you with a limited number.
- You may host any number of days for a single registration fee/tax-deductible donation of $325 per location.
Brides Across America Will Provide:
- Advertising at several outlets including email blast and advertising on the Knot.
- Social Media Campaign - including a campaign targeted to First Responders.
- National Media Support. We actively seek and receive earned media appearances on national news and television shows.
- Local Earned Media - Many salons reach out to local media and have their events covered on TV.
Exclusivity, Marketing Support & More
- Social media ads
- Designer endorsements
- Marketing kit
- Website presence
- National exposure
- Reduce inventory & increase cash flow
Note: Your donation for hosting the event(s) is tax-deductible.
Please (i) fill in the form below and click the Continue to Checkout button, and (ii) complete the payment/checkout process. After registering, you will be contacted and provided with all of the details and materials you need to host a successful event.
The wedding gown giveaway event is held twice a year in partnership with bridal salons across the country. The events take place over the course of several days in July and November to honor our troops around Independence Day and Veteran’s Day. Participating salons can choose to host the event for one or more days. We recommend a two-day event. Since we began in 2008, hundreds of salons have participated in our events. Check out our July 2015 event participants.
Salons generally have 12 - 25 brides attend depending on area population. Salons in military areas often have up to 40 brides attend.
We have a limited number of gowns but do our best to supplement your inventory for the event based on registrations and size requirements.
After you register your salon, qualifying military brides pre-register on our website to attend at a specific salon on a specific day, and salons receive a list of all registered brides along with their dress sizes prior to the event.
We have hosted hundreds of successful events, and we are here to support you every step of the way. We look forward to working with you.
Reasons to Host an Event
- Great way to reduce inventory while engaging in philanthropy. Donated gowns are tax deductible
- Generate goodwill in your community and gain loyal customers.
- Join in on one of the most rewarding events you will ever have! The $325 registration fee helps Brides Across America cover the costs of organizing the nationwide event.
Earn Media Exposure
BAA will kick off its nationwide marketing effort 60 days before the event. BAA has appeared on all major TV networks. In addition, many salons have had success gaining free media exposure by reaching out to local/regional TV stations. The video below is an example of how a salon earned local media Exposure by hosting an event.
Can’t Host an Event?
If your salon is unable to host a wedding gown giveaway, you can still support Brides Across America’s important work by:
- Donating wedding gowns for the nationwide event.
- Making a financial donation to support Brides Across America.
What to expect
Once registered you will receive everything you need to put on a successful event, including: Press release about your store to send to local media (newspapers, radio and television stations):
- Coordination Kit with step-by-step instructions on how to prepare for the event, including networking with local vendors, and more.
- Personalized phone consultation if needed.
- Use of the “Brides Across America” logo in literature and advertising for the event. Store Listing with event date and information on Brides Across America’s website and blog.
- Nationwide Marketing for the event.
In short, BAA is with you every step of the way. We have held hundreds of successful events since we started in 2008.